Using Kaltura videos in Moodle
Video service The material produced or saved in Kaltura is available in Moodle as Kaltura Video Resource material, usable through the text editor in all Moodle text materials, task activities and, for example, messages in discussion areas.
Uploading Kaltura videos to Moodle workspaces as Kaltura Video Resource material
- Material produced or stored in Kaltura is available in Moodle as Kaltura Video Resource, help: Uploading Kaltura videos to Moodle workspaces.
- You can browse Kaltura’s My Media video gallery while adding material. In the My Media listing, you can use similar filtering and sorting functions as on the Kaltura service side, instructions: Opening My Media listing in Moodle.
- You can also upload the video to the Kaltura service via the Moodle add-on, instructions: Uploading video to Kaltura via Moodle.
Kaltura contents for workspaces via Moodle’s text editor
With the Kaltura button in the text editor, you can use and add videos to all text materials in Moodle workspaces, to task activities (if the text editor’s importing web address return is enabled in the task settings) and to messages in the discussion area. Student help : A Kaltura video as part of a Moodle discussion area message or a video as an assignment feedback is also suitable for a teacher’s perspective.
Kaltura Media Gallery
The Kaltura Media Gallery block enables users to view videos uploaded to Kaltura in a common media gallery in the Moodle course area. The gallery forms a playlist for videos from the course area, which can be downloaded by both teachers and students. The Media Gallery consists of detailed analytics that teachers can view directly from the Moodle workspace. Help: Moodle’s Media Gallery
Kaltura videos as assignment
The teacher can instruct and set the assignment in the Kaltura video in three different ways:
- pasting the video with the Kaltura button of the assignment-activity text editor (web text as return format)
- sharing the video link (web text as return format)
- As a Kaltura media assignment