Moodle workspaces for implementations
Most of HAMK’s Moodle workspaces are created through the student administration system Peppi. Workspaces can also be created in ASIO and based on separate orders. Users are not added to workspaces in Moodle without a particularly compelling reason. Handicrafts take a lot of work time for nothing, and besides, mistakes can always happen when working this way.
Most workspaces of HAMK implementations / Peppi
- Moodle workspaces for new implementations are created based on Peppi’s information, help.
- Teachers connected to the implementation in Peppi are connected to the Moodle workspace automatically.
- Separate workspace orders are usually not needed.
- If you have several parallel implementations going on, which you still want to teach in one Moodle workspace, the easiest way to combine them is in the basic information of the implementation in Pepi, under Learning environments, help.
- HAMK students register for study courses through Pakki. Once the registration is approved, the automation adds them to the student role in the Moodle workspaces.
- Newly created workspaces are hidden from students by default. The teacher sees his own hidden workspaces as gray in the workspace lists, last on the list. The hidden workspace can be made visible in the workspace settings, by changing the Visibility to students item in the settings to Hide -> Show.
- Students of other higher education institutions
Continuing education workspaces / ASIO
Implementations of continuing education and the persons associated with them are managed in the ASIO system. In this case, Moodle workspaces are also created in ASIO.
Other Moodle workspaces
If for a special reason you need a Moodle workspace for an implementation other than Pepi or Asio, order a workspace in Moodle -> Info -> Order the workspace STAFF ONLY. You will receive information about the acceptance of the order by e-mail. The subscriber is connected to the Moodle workspace created as a teacher.
- Participants can be added manually, with a metal link or with a workspace key. Instructions for adding a workspace key.
- The administration of participants in separately created Moodle workspaces is handled entirely in Moodle.
- Note! Other workspaces may no longer be used for credit-generating activities.