Add interaction to your Zoom meeting
This guide introduces tools you can use to add interaction to your Zoom meeting.
Web-cam, virtual backgrounds and video filters
Participant can use virtual background and video filter when attending the meeting on the Zoom application installed on computer or mobile device. Further instructions for using the virtual background and video filters.
Participants in the same “room” with Immersive view
Immersive View is Zoom’s equivalent to the Together model of Teams sessions. The host controls the view from the View button in the upper right corner of the session window.
Zoom has added ready-made backgrounds, and as with Teams, different backgrounds suit different numbers of participants. You can also download your own virtual wallpapers with the + button. You can also use your own webcam view. Participants can be arranged in random places to sit, or you can divide them in any order you like.
Reactions, thumbs up, voting, raising hands
- Participants can use temporary on-screen reactions, such as clapping or thumbs up, or one can use the Yes / no buttons, for example, to arrange a vote.
- To see a hand raised and other long-lasting reactions, open the Participants list.
- On the bottom of the participant list, you will see a summary of the participants’ choices.
- With the Clear all function, you can clear the selections of the participants.
- You can annotate on shared content or on a whiteboard. Annotation works with Zoom applications installed on computers and mobile devices.
- Participant instructions
Saving produced content
- If you wish, select the file format by clicking on it.
- Saves to your machine’s C drive in the Documents> Zoom> session name folder (also opens by pressing the Show in Folder link).
The host controls the annotation of the meeting
- By default, annotation is used by all participants when sharing either some content or a white Whiteboard template.
- The host can hide annotator names.
- The host can clean up either everyone’s markings or one’s own, the participant only their own.