Scheduling and Sharing link to a Zoom Meeting
Below you can find instructions on creating a Zoom meeting, checking meeting and other necessary settings, and sharing the meeting link.
You can schedule meetings, or after opening a HAMK ServiceDesk ticket, webinars. Ordinary meetings fit up to 300 people, and with a special license of up to 500 people. Webinars fit up to 500 people. Read more about different kinds of Zoom meetings: Different types of Zoom meetings.
A meeting can be one time only, when a specific time slot is allocated (the meeting can be used 30 days after the scheduled time) or ”recurring”, when the meeting link is valid for 365 days.
First, sign in to Zoom, instructions: Logging in to Zoom.
Scheduling a Zoom meeting
Instructions: Scheduling a meeting on a Zoom app. You can make a scheduled meeting recurring by ticking the ”Recurring meeting” box when creating the meeting.
You choose in the meeting security settings, whether you use a passcode or waiting room.
Schedule a meeting on web portal (browser)
- Go to web portal at hamk.zoom.us
- Press the Sign in button.
- Log in with HAMK userID and password using SSO-login.
- Schedule a new meeting, one time or recurring.
Schedule a meeting in Moodle
You can schedule Zoom meetings directly in Moodle with Zoom LTI Pro -activity, instructions: Adding Zoom Activity to the Moodle Course Area and Scheduling Meetings.
Using Personal meeting id
- Use if you want to use the same link to Zoom meetings. Instructions: Personal Meeting ID in Zoom. Check the settings to make sure you are always in control of your own personal meeting room.
Using the Zoom plugin on Outlook
HAMK personnel can install the plugin from Software Center. You can schedule meetings directly from the Outlook calendar. Note, when operating in the calendar you still need to be signed in to the Zoom application.
- If the aim is merely to form a link, that can be used constantly, it is most likely not purposeful to make an Outlook meeting. In this case when schedulin a meeting choose ”Other Calendars”, and no single Outlook meeting will be created.
- If after creating a recurring meeting you make an Outlook reservation to a specific time slot, the meeting will be from Zoom point of view a single meeting. The meeting will be moved to list of one time -meetings in Zoom from the list of recurring meetings.
- If you define recurrence to the Outlook meeting, it will stay recurring in Zoom.
- If you remove a meeting scheduled through Outlook, the Zoom link and the meeting reservation will be removed.
You can define settings and change them afterwards.
- Adding passcode (included in the meeting link, can be removed and the plain link can be shared.)
- Using waiting room. Additional information: Waiting Room. In principle users logged in to Zoom account of HAMK will be moved straight to the meeting, instead of waiting in the waiting room.
- Only authenticated users can join – the user is required to log in to Zoom before joining a meeting. Instruct the user to sign in with SSO so the participants log in with HAMK user account. Instructions: Logging in to Zoom. Participants from other organizations need to have some Zoom account to log in too, when this settings is on.
- Allow participants to join anytime – enables participants to join before the host.
- Automatic recording of the meeting.
- Alternative hosts – add an email address for the person you want to act as a co-host. If the alternative host joins before you, he will become the host of the meeting. If he joins after you he will be the co-host, who, e.g., has the right to control the meeting participants.
- Only HAMK addresses can be added as alternative hosts, persons outside HAMK must be changed to co-hosts during the meeting. If a HAMK ID is not found, ask the user to sign in (Logging in to Zoom), so the ID is then created and can be added to the text box.
Editing the additional meeting settings on web portal:
Go to Zoom web portal: https://hamk.zoom.us/meeting. Open the meeting to be edited and click Edit this meeting.
- registration to the meeting (after the registration the participant gets a personalized link to the meeting, Zoom instructions.
- Dividing the participants to breakout rooms beforehand, Zoom instructions. Be extra careful with the limitations!
- Polls made beforehand, Zoom instructions.
Zoom account’s general settings are managed in the web portal These settings and affect, e .g., default settings, instructions: General Zoom settings .
How do I share the link to participants?
- Sharing the URL link to the meeting participants
- After you have copied the meeting link as above, you can share it to participants via, e.g., Yammer.
- Linking the meeting to Moodle course area
How do I start the meeting?
Instructions: Starting the meeting. If you aren’t recognized as the meeting host, please leave the meeting, make sure you have logged in to Zoom and Join/Start the meeting again.
Can I host simultaneous meetings scheduled by me?
This is not possible. If same user’s meetings are started, the previously started meeting can be cut off.