Discussion forums in Moodle
The forum activity is suitable for informing and building common knowledge. Messages in the News forum automatically send an email notification to students.
Use the forum when:
- You want to inform students (News forum)
- You want students to introduce themselves to each other
- You want students to conduct peer reviews without tight scheduling, for example by using group-specific threads.
- You want to activate students: to argue, to document, to build a common understanding.
- You want to use group-specific discussions
- You want students to see each other’s submissions as attachments to discussion messages
HAMK instructions for using discussion forums for students: “Activities in discussion forums.”
More detailed instructions on how to use discussion forums on the Moodle.org website.
Other useful guidelines