Viva Engage HAMK as an internal communication tool
Yammer is HAMK’s private social online and chats environment, where conversations are protected and visible only to HAMK and HAMI students and staff. Yammer is an official, general information channel for HAMK and HAMI students and staff and an intra-group discussion forum. Yammer is not a file-sharing or storage service.
This article guides you through Yammer’s basic functions and explains where to download the Yammer mobile app. You can sign in to Yammer, www.yammer.com/hamk.fi, or sign in to an Office 365 service and select Yammer from the waffle menu.
N.B. Do not send an invitation message to a colleague or student to Yammer (with the invite button). All of our users have a Yammer profile, so no one needs to be invited separately to Yammer.
HAMK and HAMI’s Yammer network can only be accessed by staff and students. The network includes groups, some of which are official information groups.
Join at least the following groups
- HAMK Students group or HAMI students group,
- the group of your own education (e.g. transport), and your own campus (e.g. Riihimäki) group. This ensures that you are informed about matters related to your own studies.
- service breaks -group and
- Coronavirus COVID-19 info group.
- Join your own office (e.g. Hämeenlinna University Centre) and your unit (e.g. HAMK Tech) group.
- Applications and Systems group. This ensures that you receive all the staff bulletins.
- All staff members are automatically assigned to the Staff group in Yammer.
- Service breaks group and
- Coronavirus COVID-19 info group.
External networks & external groups
People outside the organization cannot be invited to HAMK ‘s and HAMI’s Yammer networks or groups in that network. With HAMK’s credentials, you can also join a network other than HAMK’s. If it is necessary to create a new external network by HAMK, for example, a network for a project or co-operation group, it will be done through Servicedesk. The external network can also be joined by non-HAMK I.D.s, but only by someone who has access to Yammer through their own organization. The person who ordered the external network is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the network. You can create multiple groups in external networks as needed.
External groups, on the other hand, are groups designed for HAMK’s Yammer network, to which people outside the organization can be invited (who have already registered a Yammer account through their organization).
Welcome to new Yammer (Microsoft)
Yammer mobile – install the app on your smartphone
Yammer should also be installed on your smartphone, and there you can choose the right app for your > (iOS or Android).
To sign in to the mobile app:
- Open the program and select login in the first window
- In the first step, enter your full email address. E.g. email@example.com (students) or firstname.lastname@example.org (staff).
- You will then receive HAMK’s own login window with the same credentials as when logging in to other Office 365 services, e.g., email@example.com (students) or firstname.lastname@example.org (staff).
N.B! After logging in, the Yammer mobile app asks if you want to invite others to Yammer. All of our users have a Yammer profile, so no one needs to be invited separately to Yammer.
Yammer Group Maintenance
Yammer answers all the questions in a matter-of-fact manner and without time.
All questions will be answered
- If the message contains a factual, general question and is in the right group, it will also be answered in Yammer, matter-of-factly and quickly enough. If the substance of the question is not the responsibility of the administrator, he or she will direct the question to the owner of the matter, depending on the case, either by sharing it as a private message or by attaching/tagging the matter to the owner’s conversation in its comment.
- If the message is fact-based but in the wrong group, the message is shared in the right group where it is answered.
- If the content relates to an individual and to their studies or work, the discussion will continue, depending on the subject, either as Yammer’s private messages or in another channel or process (e.g. I.T. problems in Servicedesk).
When will the message be deleted?
- If the content of the message is irrelevant, i.e. not, for example, the message is not process studying or working at HAMK, the message will be deleted in violation of the rules of use. This will be notified to the user by Yammer’s private message.
- If the language or content of the message is inappropriate or otherwise violates HAMK’s rules of use for Yammer, the message will be deleted in violation of the rules of use. This will be notified to the user by Yammer’s private message.