Microsoft Forms to create queries
Forms is part of Microsoft365 service. It is intended to create polls, quizzes and votes. Responses can be evaluated using the service’s built-in analytics and, if necessary, download the answers in Excel format.
Forms includes typical question types, such as selection/multiple selection, open field, classification, date, and scale, etc. Forms can be edited together with others by sharing an edit-type link to others.
A survey created with Forms can be shared anonymously (public link) or link requiring login. Survey can also be shared in QR code through embedding or by email. It is also possible to embed the query directly into the Sway presentation or via OneNote online.
Please note! Moodle (hamk learn) and its tools are used for tasks and projects that require evaluation.
Use Forms when…
As a teacher:
- You want to create a small-scale quiz-type query for some content.
- You want to collect feedback or arrange a voting for student or colleagues.
- You want to collect information from participants or partners.
As a student:
- You want to collect feedback for project or task.
- You need a tool to make a simple voting.
- You want to collect data for thesis.
Forms mobile use
It is possible to answer the survey using the mobile device’s browser. Forms can also be shared as a QR code, from which it can be easily picked up with a mobile phone.
Microsoft guides for Forms
- Create a forms with Microsoft Forms (Microsoft support)
- Adjust your form or quiz settings in Microsoft Forms (Microsoft support)
- Use branching logic in Microsoft Formsissa (Microsoft support)
- Change a form theme (Microsoft support)
- Check and share your form results (Microsoft support)
- Embed a form in a Sway (Microsoft support)
- Insert a form or quiz into OneNote (Microsoft support)
- Copy a form (Microsoft support)
- Delete a form or recover a deleted form (Microsoft support)
- Print a form (Microsoft support)
- Send a form in multiple languages (Microsoft support)