Short check list for processing personal data
It is important to process personal data in the correct way. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has contributed to clarifying and increasing legislation on the processing of personal data. The following summarised ‘room wall board’ brings together the most important issues at HAMK and HAMI:
- I shall process personal data carefully. I shall be particularly careful when processing sensitive (e.g. health-related) personal data.
- I shall follow the instructions on the processing of personal data.
- I shall only process personal data required by my job tasks.
- I shall delete unnecessary personal information. I shall take personal data on paper to a data security bin to be destroyed.
- I shall lock my computer when I leave it. I shall lock my office door when I exit.
- I shall process personal data so that they cannot be accessed by third parties. I shall not discuss personal data with others. I shall use secure printing.
- In the development of activities, I will take data protection issues into account from the start.
- I shall ask for advice where necessary.
- I shall report suspicious situations related to the processing of personal data.
- The data protection officer is Kari Kataja. The data protection officer (and their deputy) is available at email@example.com and through ServiceDesk.
The check list is available as a wall panel in printable format: Data protection wall panel
For the personnel, additional information about the processing of personal data is available in the personnel intranet (in Finnish).