EXAM studio instructions
HAMK has EXAM studios in four campuses
HAMK EXAM studios are in Forssa, Hämeenlinna, Riihimäki and Valkeakoski campuses. These roos are meant for taking exams and maturty tests.
The opening hours of the EXAM rooms are displayed directly in the EXAM system when booking the exam. When booking an exam appointment, the opening hours of the front doors of HAMK offices must be considered. As a rule, the doors in Hämeenlinna campus are open only during office hours; at other times, access from the front doors is carried out with an access token. In other HAMK campuses, see opening hours in the list below.
EXAM studio locations
- Forssa C-4011, entrance via C door, 4th floor (Mon-Fri @7.30-16, excluding holidays)
- 2 computer
- no accessible workstation
- Hämeenlinna D-150, D building, near cafeteria, more detailed location map
- 6 computers
- accessible workstation
- exam visits available for other higher education institutions’ students
- Riihimäki B-218, main entrance, 2nd floor (Mon-Fri @8-14, excluding holidays)
- 3 computers
- accessible workstation
- Valkeakoski A-147, A building, 1st floor (access tag needed always)
- 2 computers
- accessible workstation
Programs available in all EXAM computers
Only the essential programs. External devices are forbidden. Proof-reading is disabled.
- operating system Windows 11
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (English version only, proof-reading disabled)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Media player classic
Common instructions on taking tests and surveillance in EXAM studios
- The exam taken in EXAM studio is subject to the same rules and guidelines as any other exams or study attainments in HAMK. Any fraudulent activity is strictly prohibited and any suspicions of fraud will be dealt with in accordance with HAMK’s official guidelines. More information in HAMK exam instructions.
- Always bring the official identity card. A member of HAMK staff can check the identity in the exam room or its immediate vicinity.
- There is a recording camera and microphone surveillance system in the exam studio. You may enter the EXAM studio only five minutes before your exam starts. You can take the exam with your own credentials.
- Your exam ends when you exit the EXAM studio.
Entering the EXAM studio
- Make sure that you remember your username and password, and that you have access through HAMK front doors.
- Leave all other gear (devices, outer clothes, bags, etc.) to the lockable boxes outside EXAM studio. Those boxes have code locks. Into the EXAM studio, you can only bring:
- face mask
- water bottle
- official identity card
- access token for doors
- If you have special needs, ie illness (insulin, food/drink, pair of crutches), please contact your teacher before booking an exam appointment.
- Exams always start on the hour and end no later than five minutes before the hour.
You can enter the EXAM studio no earlier than five minutes before your exam begins.
- There is absolute silence in the EXAM studio.
- You are not allowed to exit the EXAM studio and enter again to continue your exam.
Logging in and performing the exam in EXAM studio
- Turn on the computer and wait. Logging in to the computer occurs automatically. The browser on your computer will automatically open on the login page of the EXAM system.
- First, select an organisation and login to it again with your university credentials.
- The EXAM system opens. If the exam period has not yet begun, you will see a notification indicating which exam is about to start next.
- Wait until the exam automatically opens at the hour. If the exam period has already begun, the exam opens immediately.
- You can only take the exam at the reserved time and on the computer on which you have booked the exam.
- In the exam, go from one page to another using only the buttons in EXAM.
- Take the exam. EXAM automatically saves your answers. This way, your answers will remain in case the exam is interrupted. You can go back to your previous answers and edit them during the exam.
- If other programs are used in the exam, and the return is made as an attachment, it is worth saving the files on the desktop of the exam machine. Also, pay attention to the exam time so you can upload the exam attachment to the EXAM system and return the exam. At the end of the exam, you can leave the attachment on the desktop of the exam computer; it will be removed from there automatically.
- For the paper exam, you can take your writing utensils. For the paper exam, the exam room has concept paper, large envelopes and a mailbox for submissions.
- Press the “Save and submit the exam” button to finish the exam.
- Finally, turn off the computer (Start> Power> Shut down) and exit the exam room no later than the end of the exam time. If you took a paper exam, return the exam paper in an envelope to the mailbox of the exam room. Write your teacher’s name on the envelope.
- The following exam taker can enter the EXAM studio and the same computer five minutes before the hour.
- If you want to change the interface language in EXAM, click language choice on the bottom left corner of the EXAM page.
- Do not close the browser during the exam. If the browser closes for any reason, open the browser from the desktop, and you can continue the exam.